There’s never enough hours in the day. I know I thought this was true before I had a baby, but that’s when I thought trying to squeeze in a nap between going to the gym and getting a massage was stressful. So if I invented a machine that gave me 30 hours in a day (it could happen) what would I do with those extra six magical hours?
1) Take a shower. Every. Single. Day.
2) Take the time to actually wash my hair in the shower. Oh… and shave my legs. And… actually wash the soap off before hopping out because multi-tasking mom’s daughter, who is in the bathroom with her, is attempting to eat a hairball out of the trash can.
3) Take my daughter to all of the Mommy and Me Music, Swimming, Yoga and Wine Tasting classes that I always say I am going to take her to, but never have time. Whoops… that wine tasting class is actually mine…
4) Take a wine tasting class.
5) Read a book. One that isn’t technically a magazine.
6) Take all of those fancy workout classes – Pole-a-Pallooza, Yogalates, Cardioballet, HipHop Bootcamp, jamocaalmondfudge…ummm…jamoca almond fudge…
7) Eat ice cream.
8) Make this blog all pretty and cool with beautiful photos that I have shot myself.
9) Learn to shoot beautiful photos.
10) Sit down and have a nice chat with a friend on the phone. A chat that isn’t happening while I am multi-tasking by also driving, exercising, grocery shopping, eating or peeing. A chat that isn’t actually a text.
11) When my daughter falls asleep in my arms, spend 15 minutes just holding her and contentedly staring at her total perfection, rather than rushing to put her in the crib so I can work/clean/cook/shower/play Words With Friends (highly addicting.)
12) Invent a new machine that gives me 50 hours in a day, because that’s how long I would actually need to accomplish all these things.
That’s would I would do.
What would you do with a few extra hours?